With all of the options for eye surgery available in Chicago these days, it can be difficult to know what the right choice for your vision correction is. Verisyse phakic IOLs are an option for many people who are not good candidates for LASIK, but still want to get relief from glasses or contacts.
Verisyse Vs. LASIK
About 1 in 4 people are not good candidates for LASIK due to thin corneas or corneas that are too irregular. Others may need greater vision correction than LASIK can provide—particularly those with nearsightedness greater than -8 diopters. Because Verisyse is an implant, the cornea remains intact which prevents the instability that can develop with LASIK in these cases.
You may be a good candidate for Verisyse phakic lens implants if:
- You are between 21 and 60 years of age
- You have sight loss between -5 to -22 diopters or from +3 to +12 diopters
- You have astigmatism no greater than 2 diopters
- You are otherwise healthy
- You do not have an eye disease
- Your vision has been consistent for at least six months
To find out more about Verisyse, contact Foulkes Vision online to schedule your consultation or call 630-724-1400 today. We serve patients in Chicago, Lombard, and the surrounding areas of Illinois.