Students and facility in Chicago and nationwide look forward to spring break each year. While many flock to trendy resort destinations, others use the opportunity to catch up on rest.
Either way, spring break is a great time to take care of what you've been neglecting during the school year ─ yourself.
If you have been putting off giving yourself the benefits of better vision through LASIK, then spring break is an opportune time to contact Foulkes Vision and schedule to schedule a consultation and subsequent laser vision correction.
The speed in which most people recover from LASIK makes spring break a great time to undergo the procedure. By the time school is back in session, you will be able to ditch your prescription glasses for good.
Here are some facts about LASIK that make undergoing the procedure during spring break or another vacation from school or work a good fit:
- Recovery is fast. While you may have blurry vision for the first day, most people's vision improves within a few days.
- You will need to see your doctor for a follow-up visit within 48 hours of the procedure. Scheduling the LASIK procedure and follow-up visit will be easier without school to compete with.
- You may have to limit the use of eye makeup during the first week and your eyes will have increased sensitivity to light, so you'll be wearing sunglasses anyway.
You may also want to consider the LASIK risks and side effects as you contemplate when to schedule your vision correction:
- You must abstain from any sports for 1-3 days after the procedure and strenuous contact sports such as boxing, rugby, and football you will have to wait at least 4 weeks to resume. If you're competing in a spring sport then you should consider this before scheduling your procedure.
- There is no swimming or using a hot tub or whirlpool for 1-2 months following the procedure to avoid infection.
- After your procedure, you may have difficulty driving after dark.
- Your eyes will be dry, requiring doctor prescribed eye drops in the days following LASIK.
- For some people their vision fluctuates for 3-6 months afterwards. During this time, they may see glares or halos.
If you are in the Chicago area and interested in having LASIK, please contact Foulkes Vision online or by telephone today: (877) EYES-2CU.